Sam Gyimah MP has a vacancy for a full-time Secretary in his busy Westminster office. The successful applicant will help provide administrative support to Sam in his Parliamentary and constituency business. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently and effectively manage Parliamentary and Constituency diary commitments.
- Providing members of the public with information, advice and support over the telephone and in writing
- Maintaining absolute discretion and adhering to the Data Protection Act principles at all times.
- Opening and despatching mail.
- Providing administrative support in relation to MP’s expenses scheme
- Organising Parliamentary tours for constituents.
- Carrying out administrative tasks and other duties as required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the Member’s office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT literacy.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Closing Date: 12pm on 23rd May. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, with the successful candidate to start as soon as possible. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
How to apply:
Please email a CV and covering letter (no more than two A4 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Secretary Application” in the subject line.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Sandra O’Brien on 07964 380507.